We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
Compliance & Risk Analyst
Based in Dublin and reporting to the Hamilton Insurance DAC Head of ERM & Compliance, the role will support all Compliance & Risk activities to ensure adherence to internal procedures and regulatory requirements.
What you will do
- Monitor changes/updates in the legal, regulatory and statutory requirements under which the firm is authorised
- Monitor, track and report on all aspects of the Company’s activities with a view to ensuring compliance objectives
- Production of regulatory updates to senior management as appropriate
- Maintain up-to-date records and managing documentation for Solvency II
- Assist in the creation of electronic and paper files for Hamilton Insurance DAC Board and Committee meetings, e.g. meeting invitations, preparation and distribution of minutes and other papers as requested
- Provide assistance on ongoing Central Bank of Ireland and other Regulatory enquires and licenses
- Completion of regulatory applications, returns and forms as required for the Company to the CBI and other regulators
- Assist with various elements of Risk Management, including (but not limited to):
- Quarterly Risk Reporting to the Risk Committee and Board of Hamilton Insurance DAC
- Development and review of the Risk Appetite Statement
- Monitoring of various KRI’s and Risk tolerances, reporting breaches of stated risk appetites and following up on remedial actions.
- Maintaining the Risk Management Framework to ensure that risks to our strategic and operational objectives are identified, assessed, monitored and controlled in a transparent and efficient manner
- Documenting and reporting the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) process
- Conducting Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) meetings with various business units
- Oversee and maintain all aspects of the Risk & Control Register
- Pro-actively support the wider business in meeting their Compliance & Risk Management objectives.
- Maintaining and developing strong relationships with all departments of the Company, external auditors and third parties, as appropriate.
- Occasional project work in Risk or Compliance.
What you require for the role
- Demonstrable experience working in a similar role within the Financial Services industry -preferably in an Insurance related compliance/risk role
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Ability to liaise at all levels within the organization
- Good attention to detail and the ability to work on your own initiative.
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.