We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
Group Financial Accountant
Reporting to the SVP, Group Controller, this newly created role based in Dublin will work on behalf of Hamilton’s Bermuda operations. You’ll have responsibility for aspects of our accounting, reporting and systems processes and work closely with other entity teams as a trusted business partner.
What you will do
- Ensure management information and financial reporting are complete, accurate and timely
- Create and approve journal entries in the general ledger
- Prepare quarterly management accounts for the parent company - including expense analyses
- Execute the quarterly close procedures for share-based compensation
- Review and approve invoices, templates and banking payments
- Prepare monthly parent company cash flow forecasts
- Provide analytical reviews of ﬁnancial metrics
- Assist with the preparation of Bermuda regulatory filings
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual ﬁnancial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Work across teams on systems implementations, upgrades and automation initiatives with a focus on maintaining and improving the integrity of financial data, processes and controls
- Maintain accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure financial statements and underwriting-related transactions are prepared in accordance with US GAAP
- Develop, implement and maintain process documentation and controls for ﬁnancial reporting and compliance purposes
- Maintain strong stakeholder relationships and drive the execution of team deliverables
- Liaise with internal and external auditors.
What you require for the role
- Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CPA or equivalent
- Demonstrable post-qualification experience gained in a similar role within a re/insurance company or within practice auditing re/insurance companies would be an asset
- Advanced MS Excel skills and the ability to navigate complex spreadsheets
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Prior experience working in the SUN GL system would be an asset
- Knowledge of US GAAP would be beneficial but not essential
- Knowledge of relevant re/insurance accounting treatment and investment accounting would be an asset
- Commitment to collaboration, with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.