We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
In this business facing finance role based in either Dublin or Bermuda, reporting to the Global Head of FP&A, you will work on a diverse range of planning and analytical initiatives to assist with decision making for Hamilton Re in Bermuda. This role is ideally suited to someone with a background in an analytical role, that relishes change, continuous improvement and embraces a high performance culture.
What you will do
- Be the key business partner in FP&A to key underwriting and finance leaders in Bermuda
- Drive the ongoing strategic and detailed planning cycle for Hamilton Re Bermuda
- Continuous incremental income statement and balance sheet forecasting based on business drivers and trends
- Ongoing review of the Hamilton Re Bermuda financial results versus expectations; isolating key trends and analyzing variances
- Complete quarterly commentary and presentations for senior management
- Assist with the production and creation of global MI reports on an ongoing basis
- Provide ad hoc project support as required by the Hamilton Re Bermuda CEO, CFO and wider management team; modelling to support strategic initiatives, bespoke slide decks for management meetings and report composition and presentation
- Engage in continuous improvement of the FP&A function to enhance the information and insight available to the organization through the use of IBM Planning Analytics.
What you require for the role
- 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar FP&A role or a background demonstrating a strong analytical propensity
- Ability to engage autonomously with senior stakeholders
- Insurance company experience is strongly preferred
- Experience of the Bermuda insurance market desirable
- Professional accounting qualification is desirable
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills& proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to work in an organization with geographically dispersed teams
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organised with the ability to prioritise and work to a deadline
- Team player who will collaborate within the wider FP&A and global finance team
- Business travel is likely to be required, subject to any ongoing travel restrictions
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.