We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
Reporting to our Bermuda-based SVP, Controller, this newly created role based in Dublin will work on behalf of Hamilton’s Bermuda operations. You’ll have responsibility for aspects of our accounting, reporting and systems processes and work closely with other teams as a trusted business partner.
What you will help us do
- Responsible for data integrity and controls related to underwriting related accounting transactions, ensuring timely and accurate reporting
- Preparation of underwriting and investment-related journal entries for posting to the General Ledger
- Perform systems and other supporting schedule reconciliations, investigating and resolving any identified variances
- Involved in the timely monthly and quarterly financial close, analytical review and financial reporting process
- Assist with the preparation of Bermuda regulatory filings
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual ﬁnancial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Assist with system upgrades, implementation upgrades and automation initiatives
- Maintain accounting policies, procedures and ensure financial statements and underwriting-related transactions are prepared in accordance with US GAAP
- Maintain strong stakeholder relationships and drive the execution of team deliverables
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Other ad hoc duties and projects as required
What you require for the role
- Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CPA or equivalent
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Knowledge of relevant re/insurance accounting treatment would be an asset
- Prior General Ledger experience
- Excellent proficiency in MS Excel with the ability to navigate complex spreadsheets
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently within a small team, with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Drive to adopt new technologies to increase efficiencies.
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.