We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
Based in Dublin and reporting to the Management Information & Data Lead, we are looking for a Database Administrator to further strengthen our team.
What you will do
- Responsible for the database administration of Hamilton’s SQL data warehouse
- Automate repeatable database tasks
- Ensure database backup processes are automated
- Create and maintain automated maintenance plans
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of company databases, including performance tuning of database systems/queries
- Develop processes for optimizing database security
- Set and maintain database standards
- Review modifications to the existing data warehouse software and any new software introduced to ensure it meets database standards
- Manage access to databases by ensuring compliance with self-service group permissions
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards
- Foster a team culture of continuous development
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
What you require for the role
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
- Familiar with data warehouse builds and experience in working with large, complex data sets
- Advance knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modelling
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Familiar with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field
- MCSE/MCSA certifications preferred
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MS SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication collaboration tools
- Familiarity with agile and software development lifecycle including design, build, code review, testing, release and bug fixing
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail.
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.