We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
IT Systems Engineer
Based in our Dublin office and reporting to the Senior Manager IT Support, the IT Systems Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day end-user support for all our offices. This includes (but is not limited to) support of hardware, line of business applications, network health, and business continuity.
Our main goal is to provide best-in-class customer service to our clients. You will field calls, support issues and escalate where needed. This role will help us drive change in the platform by automating where possible.
What you will do
- Proactively own first and second line incidents whilst adhering to service level agreements
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Set up new users in our technology systems, and configure laptops, desktops and mobiles
- Serve as the first point of contact for end-user support via the IT help desk, collaboratively escalating issues to IT team members
- Use scripting to support and enhance current processes through automation such as monitoring, user onboarding and application provisioning
- Adhere to the Change, Incident and Problem Management processes in relation to the scope of the Service line
- Follow internal processes including preparing and completing IT check-lists, reporting faults, maintaining logs on IT devices and ensuring the appropriate documentation for equipment and users is maintained
- Support internal desk moves, ensuring computers and telephones are set up
- Handle software installations to laptops and desktops both local and remote
- Ensure security and upgrades, including antivirus, are applied and maintained on user devices
- Support network patching and upgrades
- Flexibility to work evenings, nights, and weekends - on occasion, we do require work outside of our standard business hours to accommodate client needs
- Create a collaborative environment across IT and business teams.
What you require for the role
- Understanding of operational automation and optimisation using scripting (preferably PowerShell)
- Experience in working in a hybrid/cut over environment
- Experience in the administration of the entire Office 365 stack - including SharePoint, EXO, Teams, etc.
- Working knowledge of Intune and Windows Autopilot
- Cloud computing infrastructure, preferable Azure
- Experience using Azure Dev/Ops in an Agile delivery approach
- Experience using Jira Service Desk
- Experience of working with Windows and Azure Active Directory including Group Policy, DNS
- Infrastructure support automation and configuration management
- TCP/IP networking stack, switches, routers and firewalls
- Peripheral devices, including network printers, scanners, etc.
- Anti-Virus and malware protection solutions
- Support of Windows 10 environment
- Support of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 environment
- Ability to assume responsibility and ownership of work performed
- Cisco Meraki device management, configuration and alerts are desirable
- Exposure to Linux environments
- Good written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Good levels of technical and logical thinking ability
- Ability to thrive in a high-performing, collaborative open-plan environment and working remotely.
One or multiple certifications below;
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.