We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for an
Insurance Claims Analyst
Reporting to the Vice President Claims Manager for Insurance, in this newly created Bermuda-based role, you will work closely with Hamilton Re’s, Actuarial, Finance and Underwriting teams.
What you will help us do
- Analyse, evaluate, adjust and process first-party property and general liability claims on assigned accounts according to contract wording
- Monitor and action daily claim activities for our insurance segments across a variety of classes of business with a focus on property and general liability lines
- Process and confirm prompt payment of claim settlements, loss adjusting and defence costs.
- Ensure compliance with internal corporate guidelines, processes and procedures
- Evaluate actual and potential liability exposures, and recommend accurate and timely reserves
- Draft acknowledgement and reservation of rights letters, and ensure that communications about claims with management, underwriters, actuaries and external brokers are of a high standard
- Consider and pursue subrogation where appropriate
- Collaborate with other functions across the company to provide periodic updates on claims
- Participate in monthly and quarterly reporting reviews, and the preparation of monthly and quarterly claims meetings.
What you require for the role
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a similar role within the re/insurance industry
- Experience with insurance claims in multiple lines of business – including property and casualty
- Working knowledge of contract terms and structures
- Knowledge of SICS or a similar claims system is an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with advanced Excel skills
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines
- Commitment to collaboration, with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to take an Excel assessment as part of the screening process.
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.