We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
This new role within our London Compliance team will report to the Head of Compliance & Company Secretary and support the culture of compliance and good governance for our Lloyd’s Managing Agency platform and our aligned operations.
The role holder will be well-organised and proactive, providing timely and top-quality compliance advice and monitoring services to a range of business stakeholders on a daily basis. In doing so, the capability to ‘see the big picture beyond the task at hand’, balanced against a strong detail orientation, will be crucial to success.
What you will help us do
Planning and development
- Promote a positive compliance culture within every aspect of our business
- Maintain, in partnership with the business, a robust operational compliance framework that serves to manage and mitigate exposure to the compliance and regulatory risks that may stem from the products we offer
- Support the development of strategies which will mitigate emerging compliance risks
- Lead the drafting of the annual Compliance Plan and compliance policies and be integral in their delivery and implementation
Governance and Advisory
- Draft and present reports for presentation to our committees and Boards
- Manage the preparation of non-financial regulatory and quasi-regulatory returns, applications and notifications, and other external information requests
- Guide and advise the business on maintaining and enhancing our compliance with the various global regulations which we are subject to
- Organise the delivery of compliance training to the business
- Nurture excellent relationships with senior managers to ensure that regulations and any updates to them are understood and that compliance processes are embedded
- Support the protection of confidential information
- Manage the completion of monitoring tasks in accordance with the compliance timetable, to ensure business adherence to internal and external requirements
- Work with the business to resolve any incidence of non-compliance and deliver of the business timetable
- Oversee broker due diligence as required
- Raise awareness of the risks, and ensure the appropriate management of, conflicts of interest
- Conduct and supervise internal investigations and the resolution of alleged acts of non-compliance, and set out any resulting requirements appropriately
- Run the process by which the business guards against the risk of breaching international sanctions imposed by relevant bodies
- Support the process of verification of banking details of business suppliers
- Manage the framework of activity to demonstrate compliance with applicable data protection standards
Treating customers fairly
- Promote a conduct culture that has the fair treatment of our customers at its centre
- Oversee the resolution of complaints made by third parties
What you require for the role
- Knowledge and experience of working within the regulatory regimes governing UK and international Finance and Insurance companies, as well as the Lloyd’s Insurance Market and its rules
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, on time and to any audience, no matter what the medium, is essential in this role.
- Superior organisational and prioritisation skills and be capable of responding positively to pressure and multiple priorities
- Adaptability and a willingness to learn and improve services and processes
- An instinct to be proactive, collaborative and helpful to colleagues, following up tasks appropriately, keeping the team up to date on activities and progress
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Sophisticated analytical skills and attention to detail
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.