We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
Based in our London office, this role reports to the Head of Capital Modelling to help support the expansion of Hamilton’s capital modelling function.
What you will do
- Maintain and develop entity capital models
- Support the validation process
- Calculation of robust and documented capital modelling parameters for all risk areas
- Contribute to reliable and pragmatic documentation, which maintains Solvency II compliance
- Support regulatory compliance (including Solvency II and Lloyd’s Minimum Standards) within the Capital Modelling team
- Produce and manipulate model output for various regulatory returns, model use, validation, management information etc.
- Support the syndicate capitalisation process
- Provide input into the model use processes as required
- Contribute to group wide capital modelling efforts
- Ensure consistency between the underwriting model assumptions and the reserving assumptions – both in respect of mean and variability
- Liaise with external consulting actuaries where necessary in support of the above
- Keep abreast of developments in the capital modelling and risk fields
- Liaise with the profession on market and other issues pertaining to capital and planning.
What you require for the role
- Qualified or nearly qualified actuary, with significant capital modelling experience within a non-life insurance environment
- Experience of capital modelling development and use of Igloo software
- Creative, proactive and innovative - challenges the status quo
- The ability to be both strategic and pragmatic. Must be able to think broadly about the business.
- Able to build credibility and strong relationships across the business
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.