We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
Global Product Delivery Manager
Based in our London or Dublin office and reporting to the Head of Operations & IT, the role will be responsible for the management and delivery of projects to build our global data warehouse, finance systems and automation of insurance workflows.
What you will do
- Work with our external vendors to complete the build of several applications and platforms such as the Phinsys financial data warehouse, the Cognos TM1 application and the unified SUN accounts platform
- Build over ten products in the system by working closely with the business users and plan a sprint-based agile approach to delivery
- Work with IT to roll out business systems to users in the USA and Dubai
- Engage with business teams to establish product definitions and roadmaps
- Create epics/features/stories required for development teams by partnering with business teams and business analysts
- Understand and capture requirements in user stories
- Partner with internal and external teams to set up the product delivery roadmap, and act as the single owner for product delivery within the business
- Engage with third-party vendors to establish integration plans
- Uncover and translate customer needs into requirements using agile methodologies
- Work closely with internal and vendor teams - including developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance and operations to ensure requirements are fully understood and implementation plans match expectations
- Understand, research and follow technology trends in the industry
- Assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat and make recommendations for investment in and leveraging of new technologies
- Provide internal and customer training on product usage
- Answer incoming questions on product capabilities
- Assess and address technical risks
- Understand and analyse data pipelines, algorithms, and automated systems
- Serve as a product subject matter expert to the technical/developer community
- Coordinate beta tests
- Use database queries to analyse performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of product documentation
- Perform general administrative duties
- Comply with all applicable supervisory bodies, principals, rules and regulations.
What you require for the role
- Extensive experience in managing large scale, global IT projects
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting and the insurance industry
- Demonstrable experience in leading development projects using agile methodology with internal and external teams
- Experience in working with external project managers to manage the delivery of projects.
What you can expect from us
Join us, we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.