We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
Python Software Engineer
Reporting to the Global Software Development Manager, this Dublin-based role will further strengthen our team as we draw on powerful analytics and our in-depth experience to provide superior underwriting and investment value for our clients and shareholders.
What you will do
- Architect and develop high quality scalable solutions, with a full stack approach.
- Take ownership, develop new ideas and solutions and generate results which help our users and the other members of the development team.
- Design and architect our internal API to support the business in portfolio aggregation and reporting.
- Bring automation within software teams on a daily basis using scripting techniques and adoption of tooling to continue to remove manual processes in the Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC).
- Analyze and improve reliability, security, and performance of all technology applications, databases and infrastructure.
- Develop consumer-grade applications that can scale in a global environment and improve test coverage of existing codebases
- Ensure team is following standard methodologies for development using agile processes.
- Help to drive a team culture of continuous development.
What you require for the role
- Demonstrable relevant work experience in software development or in academic / technical field, regardless of language/technology
- Strong knowledge of Python 3
- Strong knowledge of Docker and at least one cluster orchestration platform
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structure
- Experience using Git in a team environment
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication collaboration tools
- Autonomy, analytical mindset and problem solving abilities supported by best practices in coding
- Willingness to work full-stack with transitions between technologies and languages
- Familiarity with agile and software development lifecycle including design, build, code review, testing, release and bug fixing.
Nice to have
- Public record of Open Source project contributions
- Linux (Debian / Ubuntu) or any popular distribution
- Redis / caching experience
- Rabbit MQ or other messaging platform
- Pandas or other data science libraries
- Qt or other UI framework
- Flask or other web frameworks
- Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Azure or other cloud platform
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.