We’re writing the future of risk
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for an
Underwriting Operations Assistant
Based in Miami or Dublin and reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will join Hamilton’s growing managing general agency in the US and support our expanding Latin American business. You will ensure that all operational processes and objectives of our regional underwriting platform are met.
What you will do
- Actively participate in credit control, including following up on clients with past due balances, resolving any discrepancies between payments being received and amounts waiting for collection, and responding to account related client queries
- Manage premium payments received or made, including all aspects of identifying all incoming wire transfers, allocating these payments into policies accordingly and ensuring that all client deductions are made in accordance with respective policy details
- Liaise with our underwriting and operations teams to process business into our underwriting system in accordance with agreed guidelines. This includes but is not limited to entering policy and treaty details for new, renewals, premium and non-bearing premium endorsement transactions, and any corrections needed to maintain the integrity and accuracy of the data
- Ensure that all contact and identifying information pertaining to our customers and brokers is entered and remains updated into our underwriting system
- With respect to treaty business, review and process into our underwriting system all underwriting activity reported by our customers, including all premium, commission, tax and claim amounts assumed by our carriers
- Set up and maintain electronic policy files that contain all relevant documentation pertaining to payments and accounts management such as payment of premium, claims and other deductions
- Assist in the administration of outwards reinsurance treaties, entering all relevant information on risks being ceded into our underwriting system
- When applicable, assist our carriers for any query raised with respect to business bookings, bordereaux, cash allocation and claims
- Monitor all relevant reports to ensure that our underwriting activity data are properly recorded into the underwriting systems of our carriers, liaising between our carriers and our Finance team to ensure alignment
- Produce ad hoc reports and presentations as requested.
What you require for the role
- Demonstrable administrative support experience within the insurance industry and/or within a credit control function is preferred
- Strong math aptitude
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel and Word, but predominantly Excel)
- Ability to quickly learn new software & systems
- Good customer service and work ethic
- Proven ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize efficiently
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.