We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
DevOps Linux Engineer
Reporting to the Head of Cloud Engineering and Automation, and working with our operations support and engineering teams, this Dublin-based role will be responsible for our Linux-based application. The successful candidate will automate and streamline operations and development processes and will build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and support.
What you will do
- Transition the on-premises Linux environment to the cloud with the goal of establishing an orchestrated Infrastructure that is secure, scalable and cloud agnostic.
- Work closely with business stakeholders, providing recommendations and solutions to meet their requirements.
- Work closely with the Development team to develop an intimate understanding of their pain points and continually improve the development workflow.
- Design and build a process to empower the team to build, test and provision cloud infrastructure and release code to staging and production autonomously using tools such as Terraform, Ansible and Packer.
- Add, improve and maintain the Terraform, Ansible and Bash source code stored in our central repositories as well as our Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Design and implement logging, monitoring and alerting solutions, increasing systems visibility and enabling faster recovery from incidents.
- Troubleshoot and debug infrastructure, network and operating system issues.
- Be an active participant on our Scrum team.
What you require for the role
- Proven work experience working with most of the following:
- Operating Systems (Ubuntu, Red Hat, CentOS)
- Configuration management tools such as: Ansible, Puppet, or Chef (Ansible Preferred)
- Containerization – Docker Swarm and/or Kubernetes
- Python, Bash, Node.js
- VMware Virtualized environments
- CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps
- System administration, including security management, OS installation and patching, user management and system monitoring
- Knowledge of Terraform for building infrastructure as code, both in Azure and VMware
- Knowledge of Azure networking architectures such as VNETS. NSGs and Load Balancers would be an advantage.
- Dedication to making a difference in a rapid-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to foster an environment for healthy collaboration
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Understanding of configuration and change management
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.