We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
Senior DevOps Engineer
Reporting to the Head of Cloud Engineering &Automation and based in Dublin, this role will be responsible for automating and streamlining operations as well as development processes. Working with a knowledgeable team of engineers and management. you’ll build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
What you will help us do
- Oversee the transition of the on-premises infrastructure into the cloud with the goal of having an orchestrated infrastructure as code architecture that is secure, scalable and cloud agnostic.
- Provide oversight, mentorship and technical leadership to a small team of DevOps engineers as they develop products and services.
- Design and implement blue/green deployment strategy for our critical production systems.
- Add, improve and maintain the Terraform PowerShell source code as well as our Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Create custom virtual machine (VM) images for both VMware and Azure using Packer.
- Be an active participant on our scrum team.
- Automate, build and release manual activities that will help the IT Dev Ops teams to operate more effectively, ensuring the necessary documentation for the teams to operate and maintain products.
- Collaborate with the DevOps teams to plan and execute system changes (e.g. security and audit controls).
What you require for the role
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Proven experience working with most of the following:
- Building both IaaS and PaaS platforms using Terraform
- Azure Cloud Services
- Azure DevOps - CI/CD pipelines
- Building custom VM images using Packer
- PowerShell scripting
- Test automation
- Containerization – Docker Swarm and/or Kubernetes
- Azure Networking
- Knowledge of Log Analytics, Microsoft Security Center and Sentinel would be an advantage.
- Experience in designing and architecting complex environments and the SDLC methodology.
- Understanding of configuration and change management
- Proven and demonstrable experience in participating in a highly effective scrum team.
- Dedicated to making a difference in a rapid-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, whilst acting as a mentor to more junior members of the team.
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.