We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
Senior Analyst, Exposure Management
Based in London and reporting to the Exposure Manager, this professional will work closely with Hamilton’s underwriting teams in the London as well as the Risk and Analytics teams in both London and Bermuda.
What you will do
- Work closely with our underwriting teams to analyse catastrophe (re)insurance submissions
- Help drive model evaluation and validation projects to shape the Hamilton view of risk
- Work with our technology team to improve and automate catastrophe modelling, exposure analytics and portfolio rollup processes
- Process and analyse natural catastrophe submissions using multiple catastrophe modelling software packages, including AIR, RMS and HARP, our proprietary modelling system
- Articulate modelled results to our underwriting teams, providing pricing summaries along with detailed exposure evaluations
- Provide data analytics and reporting as necessary to underwriting, risk and analytics teams
- Assist with preparing reports and presentations on the company’s catastrophe exposures
- Attend client meetings
- Support with Catastrophe response work
- Assist with the modelling and monitoring of Non-Nat Cat exposures
- Support with preparation of outwards reinsurance submissions
- Assist with mentoring junior members of the team
- Support with oversight of outsourced partnerships
What you require for the role
- Knowledge and experience using AIR modelling platform. RMS experience in addition an advantage
- Experience of a number of lines of business – for example property, property binders, terrorism, fine art and specie, specialty treaty. Knowledge of casualty and/or cyber classes an advantage
- Knowledge of the Lloyds market including regulatory returns including the RDS and LCM
- Proficient with SQL, Visual Basic, Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of other programming languages an advantage
- Enthusiasm for applying technology to solve problems and increase efficiencies
- Highly collaborative, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.