We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for an
Underwriting Operations Assistant, E&S
Based in Richmond, Virginia and reporting to the US Excess & Surplus (E&S) Operations Manager, the successful candidate will join Hamilton’s growing Business/Services Operations in the US.
This role will help support Hamilton’s growing E&S segment in the US. Coverages and lines of business will include General Liability, Products Liability, Allied Medical, Management Liability, Environmental/Pollution, with other new products planned in the future.
What you will do
- Liaise with our underwriting teams to enter business into our underwriting system by following agreed guidelines - including but not limited to entering submissions, renewals, premium & non-bearing premium endorsement transactions
- Responsible for generating and issuing accurate policy documentation based on Underwriting Procedures guidelines and ordering inspections and premium audits where applicable
- Ensure that all active brokers are vetted through our compliance system and updated in our underwriting system in accordance with their business agreement with Hamilton
- Set up and maintain comprehensive electronic policy files
- Assist with the processing of cancellation notices - including but not limited to non-renewals, non-pay, etc.
- Manage the renewal letter solicitation process for applicable products to assure renewal information for underwriters is received before renewal dates
- Monitor all relevant reports to ensure that our underwriting activity data is accurate for our US E&S-based underwriters
- Liaise with underwriting and compliance to maintain and update the forms library for each product
- Provide support to the U.S. Operations Manager and other stakeholders as required
- Act in accordance with all applicable supervisory bodies, principals, rules and regulations.
What you require for the role
- Prior commercial insurance industry experience preferred
- Some exposure to E&S lines preferred
- Operations support experience in the insurance industry is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to quickly learn new software & systems
- Good customer service and organizational skills
- Good problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.