We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
Python Software Engineer
This Richmond, Virginia based role will architect and develop high quality scalable solutions with a full stack approach.
What you will do
- Architect and develop high quality scalable solutions with a full stack approach
- Take ownership, develop new ideas and solutions and generate results to support our users and the other members of the development team
- Design and architect our internal API to support the business in portfolio aggregation and reporting
- Bring automation within software teams on a daily basis using scripting techniques and the adoption of tooling to continue the removal of manual processes in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Analyze and improve reliability, security, and performance of all technology applications, databases and infrastructure
- Develop consumer-grade applications that can scale in a global environment and improve test coverage of existing codebases
- Ensure the team is following standard methodologies for development using agile processes
- Help to drive a team culture of continuous development
What you require for the role
- Demonstrable relevant work experience in software development
- Strong knowledge of Python 3
- Strong knowledge of Docker and at least one cluster orchestration platform
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structure
- Experience using Git in a team environment
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication collaboration tools
- Autonomy, analytical mindset and problem-solving abilities supported by best practices in coding
- Willingness to work full stack with transitions between technologies and languages
- Familiarity with agile and software development lifecycle, including design, build, code review, testing, release and bug fixing
Nice to have
- Public record of Open Source project contributions
- Linux (Debian/Ubuntu) or any popular distribution
- Redis/caching experience
- Rabbit MQ or other messaging platforms
- Pandas or other data science libraries
- Qt or another UI framework
- Flask or other web frameworks
- Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Azure or other cloud platforms
- Insurance (or) reinsurance (or) finance applications
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.