We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
Based in Richmond, Virginia, USA, we are looking for a Product Owner with experience in the Excess & Surplus (E&S) markets to serve as the primary line of communication between IT and business stakeholders to align on the product vision and strategies with high-quality and innovative software solutions.
What you will do
- Maintain and grow a deep knowledge of the business workflows, processes, needs and constraints
- Partner with senior management and stakeholders to set the product vision and strategies
- Maintain team roadmap and report status for business stakeholders and management regularly
- Define and prioritize the agile delivery team’s backlog
- Improve the quality and efficiency of user workflows through innovative software solutions using the most current technologies and practices
- Act as a customer liaison between business units and the technology team
- Ensure that the product delivered meets user expectations and requirements through testing and post-implementation support
- Meet customer needs while maintaining technical integrity
- Manage delivery across multiple development teams
- Create clear and compelling communications and presentations
What you require for the role
- Insurance, Re-insurance exposure with strong knowledge of the underwriting process (submission, rating, quoting) in the E&S markets
- 3+ years of proven experience in a Product Owner role in an agile environment
- Ability to process and manage multiple priorities and initiatives
- Analytical problem solver who can clearly identify, analyze and resolve issues as they arise
- Proficient understanding of the technologies behind the product
- Excellent communication (written and oral), customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively liaise with staff at varying levels across all business units to partner/communicate and collaborate business solutions
- Elicit requirements using effective strategies (interviews, story mapping, user stories, business analysis, etc.)
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.