We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
Based in London and reporting to the Head of Reserving, this role will contribute and add value to the Actuarial team and Hamilton groupwide through involvement in the Actuarial function, particularly by focusing on Technical Provisions under Solvency II.
What you will do
- Manage the Solvency II TPs calculation and validation process for each HMA managed Syndicates/entities: review method and assumptions; regulatory reporting for all entities with support from reserving analysts
- Assist in Pillar III equivalent reporting required by regulators
- Actively contribute to the development and application of Technical Actuarial models and methods and the process of continuous improvement within the department
- Help manage relationships and communication flows with external auditors
- Act in accordance with all applicable supervisory bodies, principles, rules and regulations
- Provide support to the capital modelling team by focusing mainly on reserving risks and underwriting risks for parameterisation and validations
- Assist in Group reporting if needed
- Assist in reserving results reporting to Group level
- Develop and communicate any associated management information packs
What you require for the role
- Demonstrable experience in GI reserving; making good progress on actuarial exams or nearly qualified actuary
- Extensive experience in Solvency II calculation and reporting, preferable with Lloyd’s market experience
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel, VBA; Access and SQL ResQ experience as a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to be both strategic and pragmatic. Must be able to think broadly about the business
- A creative, proactive and innovative mindset that does not accept the status quo
- Credible across the business with the proven ability to build strong relationships
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.