We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
Senior Reinsurance Claims Analyst
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Reinsurance Claims Manager, you will work closely with Hamilton Re’s, Actuarial, Finance and Underwriting teams in this Bermuda-based role.
What you will do
- Adjust and process daily reinsurance claim activity across a variety of classes such as property catastrophe, property per risk, casualty and specialty claims, based on contract terms
- Examine new and existing reinsurance claims, including the review of contract wordings and prepare coverage reviews
- Evaluate actual and potential liability exposures, and recommend accurate and timely reserves
- Ensure compliance with internal corporate guidelines, processes and procedures
- Assist with the management of claims administrators from branch offices
- Draft reservation of rights letters and communicate appropriately regarding reinsurance claims with various stakeholders
- Collaborate with other functions across the company to provide periodic updates on reinsurance claim matters
- Participate in industry audits and prepare reports on findings
- Analyze and review support for letters of credit by working with brokers and operations team
- Prepare reports and communicate findings in regular claims meetings
What you require for the role
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role within the reinsurance industry
- Experience with reinsurance claims processing across multiple lines of business
- Reinsurance claims management in a fast-paced environment while meeting industry turnaround times and company deadlines
- Working knowledge of contract terms and structures
- Knowledge of SICS or a similar underwriting system is an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with advanced Excel skills
- Industry audit experience
- Experience with Letters of Credit and Outstanding Cash Advances
- Working knowledge of reporting tools such as Power BI and SSRS
- Highly collaborative, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communications skills
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.