We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
Reinsurance Underwriting Operations Assistant
Based in our New York office with the option to work remotely from time to time, the successful candidate will support the US and Bermuda reinsurance underwriting teams to ensure that all underwriting administration, documentation processing, and CRM systems are accurately maintained.
What you will do
- Liaise with our underwriting teams in the US and Bermuda to capture business within our CRM and finance/accounting systems, including but not limited to entering reinsurance contract details, payment information, and key correspondence, as well as processing endorsements and/or related documents
- Support the generation and issue of accurate portfolio documentation as required by underwriting teams, compliance, and/or auditors
- Ensure that all active brokers, contacts, and contracts are maintained and updated within our systems
- Working with our accounting, finance, claims, and operations team to ensure that premium and claim payments, wire transfers, letters of credit, and other related transactions are serviced correctly and addressed on time
- Contribute to system testing, ad hoc projects and research work
- Ensure underwriting data is captured accurately and on time
- Provide support to the US and Bermuda underwriting teams and other stakeholders as required
- Act in accordance with all applicable supervisory bodies, principals, rules and regulations.
What you require for the role
- Essential to have previous reinsurance industry experience
- Operations support experience in the reinsurance industry is preferred
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong math aptitude
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products – in particular, Excel
- Ability to quickly learn new software & systems
- Good customer service and work ethic
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to details
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team.
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.