We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
In this newly created Bermuda-based role, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, Hamilton Re, Ltd., you’ll work on a diverse range of initiatives providing analytical support for business decision making. You’ll have responsibility for aspects of our reporting and systems processes and work closely with other disciplines as a trusted business partner.
What you will do
- Provide research and analytics in support of existing and new business opportunities
- Assist Bermuda CFO and CEO with the production of written business and financial commentary, presentations, management information and analysis
- Provide analytical reviews of ﬁnancial metrics
- Perform ongoing research and analysis of market and peers
- Support Treasury related processes, including cash flow forecasting, facility monitoring and compliance
- Work across teams on systems implementations, upgrades and automation initiatives with a focus on maintaining and improving the integrity of financial data, processes and control
- Assist with quarterly finance deliverables as required
- Review existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Maintain strong stakeholder relationships and drive the execution of team deliverables
- Ensure compliance of reported results with US GAAP and Bermuda regulatory reporting requirements
What you require for the role
- Qualified CPA/ ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent
- Demonstrable two years’ experience gained in a similar role within a US GAAP re/insurance company or within practice auditing US GAAP re/insurance companies would be an asset
- Advanced MS Excel skills and the ability to navigate complex spreadsheets
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Exceptional analytical and data gathering skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to support management reporting requirements
- Passion to learn and grow
- Self-motivated with an ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects and priorities in an open plan, fast-paced environment
- Commitment to collaboration, with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to show examples of their analytic work and/or take an Excel assessment.
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.