We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, Hamilton Re, you will support our Bermuda-based operations as a member of a highly collaborative team. You will play a key role in the leadership of our global finance team, providing management reporting to our executives and solutions to support strategic decision-making.
What you will do
- Oversee accurate and timely production of internal and external financial reporting, including regulatory reporting & management information
- Ensure the integrity of all Hamilton Re financial information in conjunction with the CFO
- Manage the Finance and Operations teams to ensure that goals and objectives are met, and employees receive appropriate training and development
- Lead a technology-focused operating environment to enhance the processing of transactions and the production of financial reporting
- Work across functional and geographic areas to assist with the project management of financial systems implementations, upgrades and automation initiatives
- Implement and maintain accurate systems for accounting records, policies and procedures, along with appropriate internal controls
- Ensure compliance of reported results with US GAAP and Bermuda regulatory reporting requirements.
What you require for the role
- Professional accounting designation (CPA or equivalent)
- At least 10 years’ post qualification experience, with a minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role at a re/insurance company
- Strong understanding of leading technology and automation initiatives, process enhancements, and other best practices that lead to significant efficiencies
- In depth knowledge of US GAAP and Bermuda regulatory reporting requirements
- Strong ability to manage and provide accounting and reporting leadership and oversight for complex business issues
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Proven analytical abilities, with a strong desire to make an impact on the business.
We will consider candidates willing to relocate to Bermuda.
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.