We’re writing the future of risk.
Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. (“Hamilton”) is a Bermuda-headquartered company that underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance risks on a global basis through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for an
Underwriting Assistant, Financial Institutions
Based in London, this role will be supporting the Financial Institutions underwriters within the Division to efficiently and profitably manage a diverse and international portfolio of business. This role presents an excellent opportunity for those seeking to develop foundational underwriting knowledge and skills within a specialist portfolio.
What you will do
- Providing day to day support to the underwriters - encompassing the full policy life cycle, delegated authorities and reinsurance arrangements
- Data entry to an in-house system, underwriting systems & pricing models, plus file maintenance
- Monitoring of statistics, aggregates, claims and maintenance of management information
- Delivery of regular and/or requested reports from the systems to team management
- Perform referrals (as required) in conjunction with underwriters
- Preparation of quotes, binders and invoices in accordance with company guidelines
- Ensuring the receipt and review of outstanding information to ensure consistency with the terms and conditions agreed at binding
- Ensuring new and renewal business is effectively and accurately processed
- Liaising with internal departments such as Finance, Management Information, Credit Control and Operations to prepare and review data for Lloyd’s and other regulatory returns
- Compliance and contract certainty slip checks
- Act in accordance with all applicable supervisory bodies, principles, rules and regulations
- Ad-hoc duties as may be periodically required.
What you require for the role
- Strong communication skills and an ability to express ideas clearly
- Numerical aptitude
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (predominantly Excel, but also Outlook, and Word)
- A proactive approach and strong work ethic
- Customer-focused, with the ability to establish good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize efficiently
- Drive and ambition to develop and progress.
What you can expect from us
Join us, and we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton. They shape how we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workspace where all employees thrive. We embrace all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and talents – without discrimination. Whatever differences set you apart, whether visible or invisible, you will be welcome at Hamilton.